If you are feeling tired, sluggish or just cannot focus effectively on the task at hand, then the following tips may help to give your concentration levels a boost!
- Make sure you are hydrated adequately – Water assists in rehydrating the body and invigorating the mind, helping to give you more clarity of thought not to mention flush out toxins that can leave you sluggish and fatigued.
- Eat breakfast every day – Our brains need a steady supply of glucose and studies have shown people who skip breakfast have reduced performance levels at work.
- Get plenty of sleep – Did you know that over 20 hours straight without sleep can leave you with the same mental abilities as someone who is drunk. Lack of sleep can affect your ability to plan, problem solve, concentrate and your memory, so if you are feeling tired, squeeze in some extra sleep.
- Relaxation & meditation – Just taking to time out to relax and unwind can help reduce stress and help you quieten your mind. This in turn can help you focus and concentrate more effectively on the task at hand when you re-engage with it.
- Conquer procrastination – Are you putting off a task or project you are supposed to be working on? It is surprising how much energy we waste putting things off. After all, it takes a long time to complete something when we are not working on it. So ask yourself – if I do this now, will it make it easier for me later and free up a lot of mental energy that could be best used for something else? If the answer is yes, then you know what to do.
- Think positive – When you feel positive and stimulated, your energy levels naturally increase and you feel more motivated and alert, helping you engage more fully with whatever task you are undertaking. This positive energy can also have a powerful effect on people around you by giving them a lift and helping them respond more positively to you!
As always, I would love to hear from you so please post your comments below.
And if you would like to find out what more I can do to help you using specific techniques in NLP and Time Line Therapy®, click HERE to read more or please call me for a confidential chat on 0412 911 099.