Professional Canine Rehabilitation Therapist
Tim Norris is a highly experienced practitioner of a range of manual therapies for dogs and owners based in the Sydney area. Tim offers a range of treatment approaches drawing from his extensive experience working in fitness, sports injuries and rehabilitation, corrective exercise therapy, acupuncture and a range of manual soft tissue therapies. He blends this with his training in working with dogs to create a unique offering to help dogs function at their optimal level. Tim specialises in older dog care and helping dogs with arthritis have the best quality of life possible.
Tim has always had a passion to work with dogs. This inspired him to qualify in a range of soft tissue therapies and rehabilitation for dogs and blend many of his skills honed over 20 years working with people to develop Both Ends Of The Lead.
Tim’s key differential is being able to utilise much of his experience and training in working with people to help enhance his approach to working with dogs. He has seen first hand many times how this has been a significant advantage from a diagnostic and treatment perspective. His corrective exercise training has been key in introducing conditioning and stretching exercises to his canine clients.
Tim believes that any treatment for dog or owner should be more than just symptomatic and utilises effective strategies from his Eastern Medicine, Bio Energetics and Acupuncture training to help enhance the constitution and immune system, which can result for example in better digestion, skin,movement quality and better long term results for overall wellbeing.
Tim treats dogs and their owners alike, a role which he finds uniquely rewarding in terms of bringing about positive change and setting both dogs and owners on the path to a healthier life.
- Over 10 years experience working with dogs as a qualified canine therapist and canine acupuncturist
- Over 15 years practising soft tissue therapies
- Over 15 years experience in the Health & Fitness industry
- 7 years experience as a sports therapist/Pilates instructor
- Over 8 years experience in Corporate Health, including working with the Physiotherapy team at the BBC in England
- Diploma of Animal Physiotherapy
- Certified Canine Myofunctional Therapist
- Certified Bowen Small Animal Practitioner
- Certified Raw Dog Food Nutrition Specialist
- Certified Pet Food Nutrition Specialist
- Registered Acupuncturist
- Advanced Diploma in Oriental Health Sciences
- Post-Graduate Certification in Japanese Acupuncture
- Advanced Certification of Integrated Cupping Therapy
- International Diploma in Bio-Energetics
- Certified Body Control Pilates Instructor
- Certified Neuro-Structural Integration Technique Practitioner
- Certified Bowen Therapist
- Certified Sports and Corrective Exercise Therapist
- Diploma of Traditional Thai Massage Therapy
Tim says that he never stops learning and is always looking for new ways to develop his skill base further and help more dogs and owners live a healthier, happier life. He delights in seeing his clients, both human and canine, see and feel the difference that Both Ends Of The Lead’s services can have on their lives.